Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone offers a unique location, with access to energy related specific infrastructure as well as deep water port facilities and sea conditions that are ideal for the development of both Wave and Tidal Stream Marine Energy.
The existing energy sector in Pembrokeshire includes:
- Two refineries (Valero and Murco) producing around 25% of the UK’s refined products. The refineries provide product for the inland UK market as well as exporting to destinations in Europe, Africa and North America.
- SEM Logistics own and operate the UK's largest independent Tank Farm oil storage depot with a capacity of 8.7 million barrels.
- Two Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) import, storage and regasification plants with the capability to provide more than 35% of the UK's gas supply, operated by Dragon LNG and South Hook LNG, the latter being the largest LNG terminal in Europe. Dragon LNG operations include a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) power station, while South Hook LNG are currently considering construction of a CHP unit.
- Quiet Revolution, the UK's leading manufacturer of Vertical Axis wind turbines.
- Wales' first commercial Solar Farm at Rhosygilwen.
- Support for Marine Energy projects via Marine Energy Pembrokeshire