Swansea University Bay Campus Register Interest
Swansea University is undertaking a major campus redevelopment programme which will create a world-leading research, innovation and education complex. This will involve the development of the new Bay Campus and the renovation of the existing Singleton Park Campus.
Register here if you would like to be kept informed of supply chain opportunities linked to this development (materials or services).
The Bay Campus will enable the University to ‘break-out’ of its current estate constraints, providing space for growth and facilitating increased collaboration with industry. It will deliver a next generation ‘Science Park’, co-locating university and industry researchers, students and academics – not only on the same site, but using the same laboratories and facilities. The development is likely to be the largest Knowledge Economy project in the UK and one of the top-5 Knowledge Economy projects in Europe.
Phase 1 of the Bay Campus will include the following buildings and services:
- Student Residences
- Tower Information Centre
- Dining Hall and Bar
- Retail Units
- School of Management
- Student’s Union
- Great Hall
- Library Resources Centre
- Engineering Central - Innovation
- Engineering East – Manufacturing Facility
- Institute of Structural Materials
- Energy Safety Research Institute
Swansea University is wholly committed to local supply chain development through the construction phase and the operation of the Bay Campus. Swansea Bay Partnership is assisting the University and the prospective developer in this process, working with Swansea Bay Futures and Welsh Government. Work is expected to start on site in early 2013.
Local companies are being encouraged to become a part of the supply chain and we will be offering help to any company who is interested, but needs some additional support in order to tender for work.
Potential supply areas include:
- Construction services
- Construction materials
- Site and temporary accommodation
- IT & Telephony installations
- Fire fighting equipment
- Specialist laboratory installations
- Specialist ventilation services
- Landscaping & Grounds Maintenance
- Facilities Management Services [Hard & Soft]
- Relocation Services and Management
- Furniture and fittings
- AV equipment
- Security equipment and installation
- Security services
- Waste Management Services
- Environmental Management Services